Salmon is one of the finest seafood that you will ever come across. If you are new to cooking, then having salmon recipe first up can be a little nerve-wracking.
It can be cooked in a number of different ways and each method develops a completely new taste for you. Smoked salmon is among the most common recipes that people love to prepare and use in their meals. In addition to that salmon is also cured and prepared for making Sushi salads and for eating as snacks.
Salmon is also roasted and toasted as well as searing helps in cook with lots of flavors inside it. However, we will be discussing the top 2 methods for cooking salmon.
Video Credit: Tasty
Salmon in Oven – Roasting, and Searing:
Oven cook salmon is quick as compared to many other cooking approaches. It works for almost all kinds of cuts, but salmon fillet is the most desirable ones. You will get a very succulent and mouth-watering fish on the dinner table, which wouldn’t require too much of your attention while cooking.
The particular method requires you to have 4 or fewer salmon fillets and have them sear on a stovetop first. This step allows the fillet’s skin to get much crispier.
Next comes the step to transfer the fillets from the pan into the oven in order to get a much succulent flesh and even finish to it. You need to assure that you are using a cast-iron skillet pan, which makes a seamless transfer of fillets from pan to oven.
Steps to Roast Salmon in Oven:
- Preheat your oven to a temperature of 400 degrees.
- Add two tablespoons in a cast-iron skill of unsalted butter.
- Add one piece of 6 – 8 ounces of salmon fillet with its skin on.
The skin side of the salmon should face down.
- Cook it on high heat for 3 minutes so that the skin is browned.
- Spoon the melted unsalted butter over the fillet as it cooks.
- Now transfer the pan to the preheated oven.
- Roast the salmon fillet until it is just best cooked through. All oven cooking from 8 – 10 minutes.
- Once done, then put the fillet out and transfer it to the serving dish. You can have a topping of your choice. It is desirable with salad and lemon. You may also try it with BBQ sauce or any other sauce of your liking.
Tip: In order to get the best crispier skin, you can just lightly dust the skin side of the fillet. This could be done for the individual portions using flour before you put them in the pan.
The broiling cooking method gives a highly desirable burnish finish to the skinless salmon steaks or fillet. You can do this over a wooden plank, which is the most delicious way of doing it.
Apple and cedarwood planks are preferred here. But, never try to use pine wood planks as it gives salmon fish a resin flavor. Your selected wood planks should be soaked in water before you use them. Otherwise, you may choose to employ a sheet pan having sides lined up with the foil.
Salmon Broiling Steps:
- Preheat the broiler oven to a very high temperature. So that when you place the salmon inside it, it will be cooked evenly throughout the surface without leaving any spot.
- You should position the oven rack in such a way that it is no more than 4 inches away from the heat source. It gives even heat while cooking the salmon with flavor preserved inside it.
- Broil salmon for about 3 – 5 minutes, while keeping a close eye on it, while broiling. You don’t need to turn the sides of the fillet. You should cook until the top of the fillet gets nicely browned and the fish is a little bit undercooked from its center.
- If you like salmon done the way described in step 3 above, then you are done with broiling.
- Another way different from step 3 above is to carry on further by shutting off the broiler. You should keep the salmon fillets in there in the hot broiler oven for another 3 – 5 minutes. This time depends on the degree of doneness of the fish that you prefer.
- Once you are done, either way, using step 3 or 5 above, you can transfer your broiled salmon from oven to the serving platter or dish.
- Season the broiled salmon fillet as per your choice. Again salad, lemon and BBQ sauce is the most preferred sides with the cooked dish. Due to the best combination of flavors, you can enjoy the taste with added things to eat.
Tip: The best treatment that you could give to broiled salmon fillet is to spread it with homemade or store-bought mayonnaise. This should be done before you start cooking/ broiling them. This is a tried and tested old trick of doing the flavored coating.
It also helps in keeping the fish moist and gives a very toasty look to the end product. Moreover, you may also season the mayonnaise itself with garlic, mustard, tomato paste, sriracha or any other flavor profile that you like.
Salmon is a mouthwatering dish with huge liking everywhere. There are many ways of cooking salmon for any of its cut. The salmon fish fillet is the meatiest and most desirable one. Out of the many cooking approaches, broiled and oven cooked salmon is best.
Due to the flavor, this method offers alongside the easy cooking methods, these two methods are widely used to prepare delicious recipes. People may enjoy them as part of snack or meals at home. Salmon is also one of the favorite dishes in parties and family dinners.
They have very easy steps to follow and takes far less cooking time as compared to its other approaches to cooking. The finally cooked dish could be served best with the seasoning of your choice.